Thursday, December 8, 2011

No. 21


No. 21







                                               YES!!!! We get a break!!!!









We turned around and found Tasin with her hands on her hips and glaring at us.
We relaxed a little once we found that it was just her.
But she was mad.
"What do you think you were doing? You can't just go in there and kill someone!" She yelled. You carried me over to the couch and set me down. I tried my very best not to fall a sleep.
"Now guess who's got to do all the brain washing, and clean up the mess in the bathroom, and get rid of Angel's body?!?!" She challenged.
None of us said anything.
"Me!!" She cried.
"Tasin we didn't know it would cause so much trouble. We didn't mean to." I said gently. She took a deep breath and calmed down.
"No you didn't. And I know that. Please forgive me for the sudden outburst. It was wrong of me to take my anger out on you."
We all nodded.
"Now I'll go clean up." She then disappeared.

We all let out a sigh and collapsed various places.
Lexi settled for the floor. Quorra took the other couch, which she shared with Savrin. I pulled my feet in closer so you could have a seat. And Kigo leaned against a wall.
"Well I'm done in for the night." Lexi said as she curled up on her spot on the floor, and closed her eyes.
"I'm with you on that one." I muttered as I let myself given in to sleep. "Night all." I said quietly. Then I fell asleep.




                                                        ++++




The next morning I was the first one up. And everyone was still in the same position as we had fallen asleep in last night.
I silently rose from my uncomfortable position on the couch and looked around. You didn't seem in the most comfortable position either, with your head leaned back between the wall and the couch.
I smiled and carefully stepped over Lexi.
I passed Kigo who was sleeping in the door way, and grinned. I grabbed several blankets from the linins closet and placed one over each of you.
I then went and took a shower.
Washing all the aches, pains, and blood stains from last night down the drain.

I put my black and green shirt back on with the black skirt and white boots on once I got out and let my hair hang loosely around my shoulders as I air dried it.
I walked back into the kitchen and started to make breakfast.
I sensed Tasin behind me.
"Where you able to make it all ok?" I asked quietly. She nodded.
"Yeah. There never was a woman named Angel in Lothomer anymore. And the Governor never had a right hand woman. Nobody remembers the bathroom fight either." She explained. I nodded.
"Thank you Tasin. We really didn't mean to make such a big mess out of everything." I said as I pulled a skillet out and placed cold bacon strips on it.
"It's alright. So long as I get some of that bacon." Tasin said as she peaked up over the stove top to look into the pain.
"Alright." I said with a laugh.
"Can I help?"
In ways, Tasin reminded me of other normal little girls. Other then the fact that she just looked like one.
"Sure why not?" I asked. "Keep an eye on those." I said, ironically seeing as she could barely see over the counter.
I gathered up more ingredients from the fridge for omelets.
 Tasin and I worked together as we made breakfast, and soon everyone was woken up by the sweet smells that came from the kitchen.
I gave them each their plates as they came shuffling by, most of them with their blankets wrapped around their shoulders. I agree, it sure was cold!

Soon everyone was around the table with their hands linked. You led us in prayer.
"Thank you Creator for keeping us safe as we walk this fine line. Please continue to do so as we continue this walk. Don't let your hand stray from us, and don't forsake us.
Thank you for this food that Zaydie as made for all of us, and let us enjoy the new dawn, and what ever it may bring."
"Amen." we all chanted.
Then we dug in.
Even Tasin.

Halfway through the meal I gasped so much that I started to cough on my own food.
Everyone was taken aback by my sudden gagging. Savrin started to laugh a little as Kigo hit my back.
I swallowed a gulp of water as I tried to keep myself from smiling to much.
"Are you ok there?" You asked with a grin. I nodded and set my cup down.
"Yup. Quorra! do you know what day it is three days from now?!" I asked urgently. Quorra paused her food halfway to her mouth.
"No."
I looked at her like she was insane.
"What was it that we promised at the beginning of this whole mess?!"
Her eyes got big and she suddenly squealed. All the boys and Lexi looked at her like she was demented.
"We have a wedding to go to!!" She exclaimed. Clapping her hands together excitedly.
You were so surprised that you spit out the swallow of water you had in your mouth. I cringed back as it spewed out all over the table.
"Excuse me?!" You asked as you wiped your mouth with the back of your hand.
Quorra waved her hand at you. "Not yours. Brinlynn and Braxlin's!"
"Wait their getting married?!?!" You shouted.
Quorra and I laughed.
"Yup.... I guess you've missed something." I said, smiling at you.
A lot of things.

We spent the rest of the morning getting you caught up on what has happened in the past year.
"So, their getting married huh?" You asked with a cocky grin. "Who'da thought?"
I chuckled.
“Not me.” Quorra stated. “But we had better get going if we want to get there on time.”
I nodded and started to clean up.
“You guys want to come?” I asked Kigo and Lexi.
They exchanged glances.
“Nah. I want to visit my mom. I haven’t seen her in several years.” Lexi said with a kind smile. “But don’t worry I’ll come running when you need me.” She said a chuckle.
I nodded. “Alright. Enjoy that time with your mom. Because you never know how much time you have.” I said kindly. She nodded and rose to her feet.
“I will. Ya’ll enjoy the break, because I have a feeling that it won’t last long.” She waved at us from the door.
“Bye Lexi!” We all called after her.
“Well, I’m headin’ out too. And just like she said, give me a call and I’ll be there.” Kigo stated, walking to the door.
“Aw. Well we’ll see you soon then.” Quorra said with a grin.
“Yup. Latter.” He called over his shoulder as he walked out the door.

I quickly washed the dishes, then walked back over to the three of you. (who had all changed into your usual clothes)
“Well let’s get going.” I said with an excited grin. We all grabbed our packs and then linked hands, and you teleported us back to Konsor.
Back home.




                                                           ++++




We found ourselves in the main street of Konsor city.
Quorra and I giggled as we dashed down the street to Brinlynn’s apartment. We knocked on the door, and could hardly keep still.
No one answered and I tried the handle.
It was locked.
Quorra ran to the next door neighbor, she talked to an elderly lady for a moment, then beckoned to me, and we dashed back down the stairs. We bumped into you and Savrin on our way down, we didn’t stop, Quorra just grabbed Sav’s hand, and I grabbed your’s.
We dragged you after us as we dashed down the stairs and back out into the street.
“Where are we going?” You asked. I glanced over my shoulder and peered through my nutmeg brown hair.
“The church.” I said with a grin. Your blue eyes got big as your blond hair whipped across your forehead.
I laughed and ran harder.

We came up to a simple white church and slowed down just enough to open the doors with out blowing them off their hinges.
We interrupted the wedding rehearsal. Oh dear.
Brinlynn and Brax were at the alter. And when we ran in, they, and everyone else in the wedding jumped. They turned around to see who had just busted through the doors.

Brin’s jaw dropped and she dropped Brax’s hands and ran down the isle. Quorra and I stepped forward as she threw an arm around each of us.
She was laughing and so were we.
“Your back!” She exclaimed. We nodded as she held us out at arms length to study us.
“We’re back. And just in time for the wedding.” I said with a smile.
“Oh praise the Creator you are all ok.’ She said with a sigh of relief. She looked between us and met Savrin’s gaze.
“How are you Sav?” She asked.
Sav nodded. Then she noticed you.
“Zaydie... who’s that?” She asked. I laughed and turned to you.
“It’s Kylun.”
Her jaw dropped.
“Your kidding right?!” I shook my head. “I though he’d left. And what happened to his eyes? And his hair?!?!” She asked me.
“You know, I can actually talk, and I am standing right here, so you can direct those questions to me.” You said with a cock of your head as you stuck your right hand into the pocket of your kaki shorts. (glad you took off that black robe)
“Well, uh yes. Sorry Kylun. It’s just weird to see you. Here. Again. And with blond hair!”
Quorra and I tried to suppress giggles unsuccessfully though. But I saw that smile creep up onto your face.
“Well we’re all here! And sorry about interrupting your rehearsal. Hi Brax!” I said in a rush. Braxlin smiled and gave me and Quorra hugs.
“Hey girls. Keeping these boys in line?” He asked as he gave Sav a knuckle sandwich.
“Haha! Yeah.” I said with a smile.
“Good.”
“Now we’ll leave so you can get back to your-”
“oh no!” Brinlynn cried. “This is perfect! My sister is unable to come, and Mandi is sick, so Quorra would you be a bridesmaid?”
“Yes!!” Quorra exclaimed. Brin smiled.
“I thought you might. Zaydie would you be my maid of honor?”
My jaw dropped but I nodded.
“Absolutely!”
“Haha! Good.” She then turned to Brax. And they seemed to have a silent conversation. He finally groaned with a smile and kissed a grinning Brin. I take it she won.
“Boys!” He said turning to you and Savrin.
“Want to be apart of the wedding too?”
Immediately you boys started to object.
Quorra and I turned to you and Sav.
“Oh come on, please?” I pleaded. Grasping your arm and jumping up and down a little.
 You hesitated. Your eyes searching mine, but already I could feel you start to give in.
“Zaydie I really don’t do well with crowds.”
“Psh! That’s rubbish! You seemed to do just fine when you hugged me in front of tons of people.” I said with an all - knowing smile.
“He did what?” I could hear Brin ask. But I ignored here. Haha.
“Please... For me?” I asked, giving you the sweetest smile I could muster with out bursting out laughing, and fluttering my eyes. Yeah yeah, I was laying it on thick. But dude I was having so much fun!
You hesitated again, but finally groaned and grasped my shoulders, giving me a shake.
“That’s not fair!” You shouted. I chuckled.
“What?”
“Doing the one thing that you know will melt me!”
I laughed. Then turned to Brin. (who was watching us with a cocked eyebrow.)
“He’s in.”
“Sav is too.” Quorra stated.
“Good. Now come on I guess we have to make sure the clothes fit.” Brax said, moving down and talking to several people.
You walked up next to me and slung your arm over my shoulders.
“Thank you.” I whispered as I hugged your waist.
“Yeah well. Least I could do right? After we get married your stuck with me so might as well make the best of it starting now.” You replied.
I smiled.
“And that’s not a bad thing.” I said. “I think I can stand spending the rest of my life with you.” I smiled.
“Well that’s always good to know Zaydie. Always good to know.”
We both laughed.





                                                           ++++




“So what’s up with you and Kylun? seem a little tight.” Brin asked. She had led us up to bridal store and we were now looking at bride’s maids dresses.
“Well... Um....” Quorra gave me a look.
“I’ll tell you when Kylun’s around.” I said.
“Am I going to like this?” Brin asked. I chuckled.
“I sure hope so. But it doesn’t really matter because there’s no backing out now.” I muttered.
Brin stopped her search for a dress and looked me square in the eye.
“Your not pregnant are you?” She asked bluntly.
My jaw dropped.
“NO! Brin! how on earth could you ask such a thing?! You know me better then that.” I said. Glancing around to make sure no one heard that.
“Well I certainty hope so.” She muttered.

Latter that night after we had picked out dresses, we met back up in Brin’s apartment.
“Ok spill the beans kiddies.” Brin stated. Sitting down on Brax’s lap.
I slowly fell to the couch and you sat down next to me.
I glanced at you and you pulled out your engagement necklace, and I held out mine.
Brin gasped.
“Whoa! ok um I think your a little old for this guys. I mean it’s one thing with it’s little girls trading friendship necklaces it’s another when your this old and completely different genders.” She stated in her usual blunt way.
I blushed and ducked my head while a laugh spilled out.
“No their not exactly that. But close.” I said.
“We’re engaged Brin.” You said, in your usual blunt way.
Brax and Brin’s jaws dropped. And Brin came over and examined the necklaces.
“Are you serious?” She asked, looking up at the two of us. “You two?” She pointed her finger from me to you.
I nodded with a smile.
“Yup.” I clutched my necklace in my hand tightly then let it fall back against my shirt.
“So when’s the wedding?” She asked taking a step back.
“Uh....” you all stated.
“Next month.” I decided.
“Next month?!” Everyone cried. (yes including you)
“Next month.” I repeated.
“Are you sure it’s next month?” You asked, giving me a look. I nodded.
“Yup. Next month.”
“Next month...” Quorra whispered.
“M - hmm.” I said.
“Ok! It’s apparently next month. Can you pull a wedding off that fast?” You asked.
I scoffed.
“I can pull anything off in a month.” I said with a wave of my hand.
“Well alright then. Make sure we get the invites.” Brin stated.
I laughed.
“Of course.”
Wow.... we were getting married.... next month!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment