Thursday, December 1, 2011

No. 13 (it's short sorry :/ )


No. 13








                                                   It’ s just a cover story!











Kigo led me into what looked like a lounge room.
It looked like we were up in one of the towers.
The wall facing the city was made out of glass.
Kigo collapsed down on one of the leather couches and placed his feet on a coffee table.
“Feel free to sit down.” He said. Gesturing to the circle of semi circled couches.
I sat down, but being nervous and a little tense, I perched on the edge of the couch.
Kigo chuckled.
“We don’t bite Skye.” He said. I gave him a look. “Well... we might nip a little.” He added. I groaned.
The door opened and the younger members of The Fallen walked in.
They all sprawled around on various couches (except mine) or they stood up. (which is what you did.)
Everyone started to socialize with each other immediately.
Willa laughed and i turned to see that she was talking with one of the older boys.
But what shocked me was the fact that she was leaning up against you in such away that made anger and jealousy rip through me.
You caught me watching and I looked away.
I was a little startled when a girl with short black hair leaned against the back of the couch I was sitting on.
“That’s Zero. He’s real quiet most of the time, but Willa has her eye on him so watch out. Though that pisses him off like crazy.”
I resisted the urge to get onto her with her language. “He’s told her that he’s already got a girlfriend.”
My eye brows rose slightly. “Though most of us think it’s just a lie to get her to back off... ha! not like it works as I’m sure you can see.”
“Hmm....” I said quietly. Looking back at you and Willa.
“I’m Lexi by the way. Call me up if you ever need anything.” The girl said, walking off.
“ - Willa I’ve told you! Back off.” You stated, moving away from the blond-head beauty.
She placed her hands on her hips.
“Well I think that’s [Beep]!” Every other conversation died down, and everyone turned to the fight.
You looked Willa square in the eye with your usual calm face.
“I bet she doesn’t even exist!” She shouted. You glanced at me. With that one look, I knew exactly who you were talking about. I gave a smile and a slight head nod.
“She does exist Willa. And I would choose her over you any day.”
“Ooh! Burn!” All the onlookers said with chuckles. I grinned.
Willa’s face turned red.
“Well then... I guess I’ll just have to have a talk with this girl.” She stated coldly. She slipped her hand into a pouch she kept in the small of her back.
She brought out a shiny silver throwing star, and twirled it between her fingers with an evil smile.
“give her a make-over, then we’ll see who you’ll choose.”
I stood up and unclipped the saber - rod from my belt.
“Why don’t we talk right here right now.” I demanded with a smug smile.
Everyone turned and looked at me with stunned faces.
You walked over to me slipped you hand in my left one.
“Everyone.... Meet Skye.... My fiancé.”
Surprise crossed my eyes, but I tried very, very hard to keep it from my face.
Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, and I squeezed your hand hard.

Everybody’s jaw dropped. And Willa got furious.
She lifted her star and threw it at my face.
I only had to flick my wrist slightly to knock it out of it’s course with my thin saber - rod.
The star lodged it’s self into the wall behind me.
“Going to have to do better then that.” I provoked with a sly half grin.
“Why you son of a [beep]”
Her mouth was not very clean!

After the little excitement, we had all cooled down slightly... though I was still tense.
You and I sat down on the couch, our hands still linked. You had probably sensed my tension and you started to rub my hand with your thumb soothingly. Calming me down a little.
“So... where’s the ring?” Lexi asked, sitting down across from us.
“Um...” I glanced down and saw that my left hand was very much missing an engagment ring. Oh bother. How to pull this off.
You obviously hadn’t though about that either.
“He uh... doesn’t have any money at the moment.” I said. Which was probably true.
Lexi’s eyebrow rose.
“When did he ask you?”
Again! another question I didn’t have the answer to!
“Yesterday.” You piped up.
“Oh! Well congrats.” She said with a smile.
“Thanks.” I answered.
Boy this was really weird!
Not to mention it was really starting to mess with my head.
It’s just a cover story Zaydie. It’s just a cover story. It’s not reality. I had to say over and over in my head.

“Skye.” I looked up and saw that one of the older men was calling me from the door.
I nodded, and pulled out the hair do that the little girls from Nibraca had done.
I felt you tense beside me. I gave you a quick kiss on the cheek and slipped Nina’s rainbow ribbon into your hand as I slipped mine out.
“I’ll be fine.” I whispered.
“Be careful.” You muttered, your gaze meeting mine. Your ice blue eyes pierced through me and saw past my mask of nothingness.
But my silver - green ones pierced through yours too. And I could see, just how scared you really were. For me.

“Kigo you too.” He man called.
Kigo sighed and came up next to me.
“What? no kiss? Come on sweetheart.” He asked with a playful grin.
I slugged his arm.
“Only the worthy ones kid.” I said with a grin.
Everyone snickered, and the two of us were led away.
I could feel your eyes watching me as I saw you rubbing the ribbon between your thumb and forefinger.
My hand brushed over your medallion that was hidden under my shirt and jacket.
Creator.... protect us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment