Saturday, December 3, 2011

No. 17


No. 17









                                             We have a plan






“Get down!” I shouted propelling you across the room. I didn’t have time to see where you landed, I turned around and grabbed the Captain’s rod.
“You are in a very desperate situation aren’t you young lady?” He asked in a groan.
“Depends on how you define desperate!” I cried as I yanked his weapon away from him with a spur of energy. I spun it around in my hands and held it out beside me.
I then moved it against the Captain in a dance of twirls as I moved closer. He backed off slowly as I moved forward.
“Why would you want to end us? we have done nothing but try to bring peace to Dresher.” He said in a massive plea.
I scoffed.
“Somehow I doubt the fact that you ever really wanted peace for Dresher. You just want it for yourself!” I moved forward a step and he backed into a wall. I raised the pole above my head. With a scream I was about to bring it down.

“Zaydie... remember who you are.... and what you stand for.... and who you represent.”

The Creator was right. I couldn’t go around killing people who weren’t armed. Even to the likes of him. I brought the pole down tip first and drove it into the floor.
The Captain was shocked when he saw what I did. Though I could only see it in his eyes. He just looked mad and angry.
“Why don’t you just finish it?” He asked.
“Because I don’t kill people that are unarmed. Unlike someone I know!” I said angrily.

I took several steps back and tried to regain my breath.
“Your mistake.” He growled, pulling his weapon out of the floor.
“We need back up.” You said. Pointing out the obvious. yet again.
“yeah I know. I know.” I said. I was trying to think of a way to get a hold of Savrin. But I certainly could call him in middle of a battle!

There was a sudden wash of sunlight, and Tasin stood in front of us, yet not in a solid form. She was more like... mist.
“What do you need?” she asked.
“Well Sav and Quorra would be nice.” I said. She nodded.
“Alright. I’ll get them here. That’s a promise.” She then disappeared in wisps of light.
“Now... to hold off on our own till then... oh yeah this’ll be a pleasure ride.” You muttered.
I took a deep breath and steadied myself.
I summoned Takara again, and readied myself.
“You are pathetic.” The Captain spat as he braced himself.
“Really? ‘Cause last I checked, you were the one sitting on your butt.” You stated, slinging Shiro over you shoulder. I shook my head. Iyiyi.
“It must have been hard to try and live on with out each other now wasn’t it?”
“What does that have to do with anything?” I asked.
“Oh everything my dear. It just goes to prove how weak you are. You thought everything was over once you had finished off the Puppeteer, and that President. But really, that was just the beginning. Yet you sat around moping.”
I groaned.
“I wasn’t moping!” I charged forward with Takara raised. I met his pole halfway there, and he twisted it. Locking my blade with the upper part of his weapon. And then he twisted it and the bottom of his pole, and plunging it into my leg.
I cried out and looked down.
I gasped as I saw the blade go through one side of my leg, and protrude out the other.
I couldn’t move. He had ripped through all the muscle in my right leg. Not to mention that it was in there in such a way that that I couldn’t even move if I wanted to!
“No!” You shouted.
The Captain jerked the blade out of my leg and I screamed.
I fell backwards and landed on the ground hard.
The Captain loomed over me as I tried to keep from screaming. He moved the ripped fabric of my jacket and shirt to reveal my Mark.
“And I thought you could do better then that.” He said.
He raised the pole for a death blow.
“Oh no you don’t!!”
I was startled, because it wasn’t you who shouted that!
Suddenly the Captain was up in flames. Red hot flames!
And I knew for a fact that none of us could do that!!

The Captain screamed and fell to his knees as the flames scorched his body.
Then there was a bright light and he became nothing but ashes.
Out from the smoldering flames, came Kigo.

I gasped as he grinned down at me.
“I told you I had your back.” He said. I nodded. I looked over my shoulder and saw you come up next to me.
“Yeah. Guess I should have trusted you more.” I muttered. I gasped as pain shot through my leg again.
You bent down in front of me.
“Can you heal it?” You asked. I shook my head.
“No. I’m to tired. My energy’s leaving fast, I used up most of it when I healed myself the first time.”
You nodded. Then both of you boys picked me up with one of my arms on each of your shoulders.
I gasped as my foot met with a little body weight.
“Lean on us. Don’t worry about trying to support yourself.” Kigo said. I nodded and let them take my body weight.
I looked up as I heard racket from the end of the tunnel. I suddenly saw swarms of more members sweep in.
“Um...” I muttered. I glanced over my shoulder to see if there was another way out. But apparently, this room only has one entrance, and one exit.
“Another fight! You’ve got to be kidding me.” You shouted.
I gritted my teeth as more pain swept through me. If only I wasn’t loosing so much blood, and I had more energy!!

We backed up farther into the room as the members came piling in with Willa at their lead.
She saw us and pulled out her stars, one in between each finger.
“Looks like we meet yet again. Princess.” She growled with an evil grin.

There was a sudden loud boom, and the whole building shook. I looked for the source of it, and found that it was coming from right above us.
There was another, then another, and the roof started to give way.
The last one brought the roof down and everyone scattered.
Suddenly before us Quorra and Sav were there on their floating skateboards.
“Come on!” She called, throwing two more boards down. You scooped me up and jumped on one, while Kigo jumped on another. At the same time covering our backs as we flew out of the new hole someone had just made in the roof. (cough, cough Quorra, cough.)

We came out of the building and found ourselves flying high above their HQ. I clutched your jacket hard as another wave of pain ran through.
“We have to get you back home.” You muttered. I nodded.
We zoomed off back to the apartment. There Quorra bandaged my leg up and I was forced to lie down and get some rest while I could.

“You know it’s only a matter of time before they find us and hunt us down.” Quorra said.
Kigo nodded.
“Yeah. And with Willa as their leader now, they’ll be coming after us.”
“How do we defeat them all? There’s so many of ‘em.” Sav pointed out.
“We could always run.” Quorra suggested.
Everyone shook their heads.
“We can’t go on to another city before we finish up here. If we do they’ll just send out more. We have to get rid of the hive.” Matrix stated.
“Yeah. But we need a plan on how to do that! We can’t simply run in there and take on everyone!”
“I said they’ll come after you. But I didn’t say how far they were willing to go.” Kigo piped up. Pushing himself away from the wall he had been leaning against.
“They won’t follow you to another city where they already know one of their agents are there. They’ll simply order him to take care of us!” He explained.
That made sense.
I pushed myself up into a sitting position.
Everyone was sitting either on the floor or in chairs. Or they were standing up.
“If we took on the whole thing. We would be way up to our necks. We need to get more people to fight if we’re going to do that.” I said, looking at everyone. They all nodded.
“You leave that to me and Vegg.” Matrix said. “We’ll get you fighters.”
I nodded.
“That’ll work. And in the mean time, we can go and take care of Angel and Reese right?” I asked.
Everybody nodded.
“Yeah! Sounds like a plan!” Quorra shouted enthusiastically.
“Well let’s get this show on the road!” You shouted. You put your hand in between everyone. I smiled and stood up. My leg was still hurt but I had rested up enough that it wasn’t as bad. I placed my hand on top of yours, and Quorra did the same. Soon everyone did but Kigo.
“Come on Kigo. Your part of the group now too.” I said looking over at him.
He sighed and placed his on top as well.
I smiled as I looked at how big our group had gotten. It use to be only the three of us.
You, me, and Savrin.
Now we weren’t so alone anymore.
We had friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment