Monday, December 5, 2011

No. 18


No. 18










                                                    Preparations








The next morning we all hurried about crazy like.
We weren't entirely sure who would all go in.
We needed someone outside to tell us what was going on and where to go.
But we all so needed enough people inside to take down someone who probably has more training then us.
So yeah... it was crazy.

"I could stay outside." Kigo suggested. "And I don't do suits so I'll stay out, tell you what's going on and where to go. And be your back up."  
I nodded.
"Ok that's fine. Now for the four of us...." I turned to the rest of us. "Oh boy. Quorra we're going to have to work over time with these guys. We can't afford any more salon's, we can get the clothes, rent the tuxes that kind of thing but... we'll have to deal with their hair."
Quorra nodded and we immediately started to look for places that had what we needed, along with the cheapest prices.

Knock, knock

Kigo got the door and I heard him talking with someone.
"Zaydie, someone here has a request." He called, mocking a bow as I came up.
I pushed him away and came in front of the door.
"yes?"
I was shocked by how cute the boy was. (Hey I'm sorry ok! I'm a girl I notice these kind of things! So just let it slide.)
"You Zaydie?" He asked.
"Yup. Or I wouldn't be standing here." I remarked. He scoffed.
"This is for you, from the Governor. Hope to see you there." Then he left before I could ask anything else.
I shut the door and walked back inside. Looking at the envelope the boy had handed me.
I hummed as I plopped myself down on the chair with my feet over the arm rest.
"Who was that?" Quorra asked.
"Some messenger boy." I slipped my finger in to the envelope and ripped it open.
I pulled out a gold page.
"Ooh! Somebody's got an invitation to the ball." Quorra stated. Peaking over my shoulder.
"Huh?" Sav came over.
"It says, We're all invited to the ball tonight. With one condition.... oh boy...."
"What? Say it. Say it." All of you guys coaxed.
"I have to sing... again."
All you boys started to laugh at me while Quorra got serious.
"Ok that's fine. Um.... we need to go shopping yet again. Brother. Come on sis. Let's get going or we're not going to make it to the stupid ball."
She wasn't in a good mood. Oh dear.
I got up and set the invite on the counter.
"Come let's go." I said turning to my sister. She nodded.
"Come on boys." She ordered and we all marched out.
Why is it that half of the time we always are getting new clothes?! This is insane. ugh.




                                                       ++++




The clothes shopping went by quickly. We manily just bought the first thing that fit us. We didn't have time to.
Back in the hotel room it was 5:00. Only three hours.

"Ok. One of you go jump through the shower," I told you and Sav. You both nodded and you walked off. "Quorra, can you get the outfits ready?"
"Yup."
I walked over to Kigo who was pulling various things out of his pockets. Which included small weapons, and coms.
"Here all of you are going to need these. There small and no one will notice them." He handed over an ear piece. "You just place it in your ear and they'll blend right in." He explained. I nodded and placed four of them at the end of the table.
"Does your dress have any pockets?" He asked.
"Yeah, several. I made sure of it." I answered. He handed over a small switch blade.
"Hold onto that for me will ya?"
I gave a curt nod and slipped it into my pocket.
We were really going to have to do it this time.

After everyone had taken showers we all changed.
My dress was a cream color and tied crisscross up my back. It was short sleeved with slightly puffy sleeves.
The skirt was not poofy, but not exactly slim, it did have lots of room though.
It was trimmed in green, (the sash for example) and I tossed my brown hair up into a pony tail with small green flowers stuck into it.
Slipping my feet into sandals, Quorra came in.
She wore a red dress that was roomy, and fit her nicely. It was a Greek styled dress, so it had gold ribbons wrapping around the dress.
"Come on, the boys are waiting." She said, jerking her head over her shoulder. Her blond hair had been curled slightly and pinned up in places, but mostly fell down around her shoulders.
"Ok."
We both walked out to find you and Sav dressed and ready to go.
"Well at least we don't have to do anything with your hair." I said as I came up next to them. You chuckled.
"Ok here, put them in your ear and test them out to make sure their working." Kigo handed each of us an ear piece.
I managed to put mine in and was relieved that everyone else had been able too.
I clasped my hand over the back of my dress. In between the bodice and skirt line was a pocket that I kept both the switch blade, and my cell phone. Just in case.
"I'll break into the computer room knock out the guards, you know the drill. Then I'll contact you and tell you what's going on. Keep to the plan. And remember I'm your back up so if you need me,  just give me a shout."
We all nodded and then us girls linked hands with you.

In a flash all four of us were walking up the steps of the Governor's personal home. A tall building that had warm lights glowing in all the windows. At least it looked inviting.
At the door I handed over the invite and the guards lets us pass.
Inside we were guided to an elevator and taken up to the 5th floor.
Once the doors opened we stepped into a huge ball room, crammed pack with people.

As soon as I stepped into the room, I was spotted and people started coming over saying how great I was, and how talented I was to have such a beautiful voice.
"My daughter heard you once and she loves your voice." One man said. I smiled.
"Thank you." I groped around behind me to make sure you were still there and hadn't left me. I found your hand and squeezed on tight. You squeezed back as you intertwined our fingers.
"I would love to get to talk to all of you but I have to talk to the DJ and see what he has planned for me to sing." I said kindly, as I moved off.
"Of course. We look forward to your appearance." They all called after me. I nodded and walked off into the crowd.
"Whoa! Girl I didn't think you had gotten that popular!" Quorra remarked coming up next to me.
I shook my head.
"Me neither!"
"How many shows have you done?" You asked, coming up beside me.
"Only one major show. But I use to work in a teen friendly club thing in Tybolt. But that was it."
"Well obviously it made an impression."
I nodded in agreement.
"Yeah... obviously."
We finally found the DJ and he and I started to negotiate what song I was to sing.
We were finally able to decide on one song that was slow and gentle, yet had real meaning to me anyway, and the DJ said it would show off my talents. Which was true because it got high at points.
"When am I suppose to sing?" I asked.
"Not till latter this evening. Don't worry I'll call you when it's time."
I nodded my thanks, and turned around to look out at the crowd.
You stood casually with your hands in your pockets, on the steps to the stage. Looking up at me with a smile.
You held out your hand, and I took it.
"You'll do fine Kana." You whispered as you led me down to the dance floor.
I think I might have blushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment