Friday, December 2, 2011

No. 15


No. 15






                                 So... maybe it isn’t just a cover story










I led you off the apartment building and to the first place I had ever actually performed in front of a ton of people.

The outside of the amphitheater was tall and made out of stone.
I studied the walls and then the doors.
I started to hum a song mindlessly.
I stopped what I was doing and started to think.
“Hmm...”
“What?” You asked, cocking your head to one side, making that silver earring dangle.
“Huh? Oh it’s just... that I don’t think I’ve ever head that song before.”
“You sure?”
I nodded.
“Yeah, it just... came to me. I feel like I should know it yet.... I have no clue! And I think there’s words to it...”
You nodded. But you had a look on your face.
“You know it don’t you?”
Your eyes got wide in shock, and you turned away.
“But your not going to tell me... are you?”
I asked with a smile. You didn’t answer.
I chuckled.
“yeah... I thought so.” I shrugged. “Ah well, all the more excitement I guess.”
I moved to the doors and spun around sending my left leg out in a back kick so powerful it knocked the doors right open.
“Ah-ha. There we go!” I said peaking in between the doors. No one was there and it looked like they had closed up for the day.
“Come on then!” I said motioning to you.
“Are we suppose to be in here.”
“You owe me a dance so I thought right now was a good time to make up for it.” I said with a wink.
I walked through the doors and stepped to the right and into the first ring of seats.
I kept humming that song that kept playing it’s self in my head.
It had a real airy tune and it would sound really beautiful it was actually played with instruments. The piano mainly.
I made my way to the back of the stage.
I searched for the control room and finally found it.
“How on earth are you going to pull this off with out waking the whole city up?” You asked coming into the room.
“Hey. I can make anything do what ever I want. I’ve got it covered kid.”
I said with a grin.
You looked.... distracted. Like you wanted to ask me a big important question, yet had no idea how to ask it.
“Hey,” I touched your arm. “You ok?”
You nodded hesitantly.
“I just... have something on my mind. I’ll be right back, call me when your finished.”
You then moved off.
“Hey where are you going?” I asked leaning against the doorway you had just walked out of.
“to get something. And pray too. I’ll be back in half an hour.”
I opened my mouth to say something but you ran off.
“See what I mean? There you go again. Making me find out the hard way.” I muttered. I didn’t think i was loud enough for you to hear me till you yelled over your shoulder.
“Yeah that’s me. But I think you’ll like it.”
My eyebrows rose and I shook my head.
“Oo-kay then.”

I went into the control room again and started to program the stage and sound system.
“What to play, what to play? Hmm...” I hadn’t thought this far ahead. I was just winging it. I wasn’t even sure if you would have let me drag you into this crazy idea I had. But I thought it a fair idea. Seeing as you acted like such a jerk at Genesis’ ball. Haha.
I finally found some music that was just instrumental. Again it was light and airy. But it didn’t sound anything like the song that was singing in my head.





                                                                            ++++




The half an hour that you requested seemed to take forever!!
I was half afraid that you had left me, and the other half was scared that someone would come in and catch me here playing music in the small control room just because I had nothing better to do.
I then went off hunting for the clothing room because I wanted to get out of this uncomfortable outfit.

I found it and saw racks and racks of clothing.
I walked mindlessly through them and took up to humming the strange song again.
I finally found a dress that was decent!
(and boy is that hard these days! good grief!!)
I walked into a dressing room and slipped the dress on.
It was several different shades of pink, and had thick straps. Which I liked.
It fell below my knees but not quiet to my feet.
I had on some white sandals and I pulled your medallion out from under the dress and let it lay on top of it.
I stepped out of the dressing room and looked at myself in the mirror.
The dress had buttons going all the way down the front, the bottom had white lace at the hem, and that’s what the straps were made out of.
It had an emperor waist band that was made of a silk dark ribbon that I tied in the back.
I gave a sigh as I smoothed it in place.
“Well, at least it feels better.” I said. “And looks more like me.” I took a deep breath.
I moved my hair out of my face and I twirled parts of it around my finger.
I glanced over at the clock. It was now midnight. Hmm...
“La da, da, da, dum, la, Hmhmmhmm.”
“Even when you don’t know what your singing you still turn heads.”
I jumped when you started talking behind me.
“there you are! I was wondering when you’d get here.” I said turning around.
“Whoa! What’s with the dress?”
I glanced down.
“I was sick of red and black.”
You gave me a look.
“Oops... “ You use to have red eyes and black hair. “Um not that there’s anything wrong with red and black... It’s just... not me. I do better in lighter colors. They tend to keep me from being moody.” I explained.
You chuckled.
“And you look better in brighter colors anyways.” You said as you moved off and unzipped your robe.
Underneath was the same outfit you had on when we were in Nibraca.
I laughed.
“Thanks.”
“You pick out a song yet?”
I nodded.
“Well let’s go then.”
I smiled and led the way down into the pit where the stage is.
We stepped on it and I bent down on my knee. Placing my hand on it I made the stage light up blue and rose it slowly into the amphitheater.
“Whoa.” You muttered with a laugh.
I turned the music on and kept it low. Just enough for us to hear it but no one else outside the stadium.
“Ta-da!” I said putting my arms out and smiling. spinning on my heel, which made my skirt flow out around me.
“Haha. Good job. Nice music by the way. Very... lively.” You commented.
“Thanks.” I said with a laugh. “Now come on!”
I pulled at your wrist and we moved out into the middle of the dance floor.
You put your left hand around my waist, and held your right one out.
I slipped my left one in yours, and placed my right on your shoulder.
I waited for you to lead, and you waited for the beat.
It started up and we started to move across the floor.

We talked as we danced. It seemed natural to me. Dancing across the floor flawlessly. Like I was a ballerina or something. Floating among the clouds.

We talked for ages! or so it seemed anyway. But it still looked like you had a big question that you still weren’t sure if you should ask, or how.
The music carried from one song to the next. I only meant one danced, but it ended up being three.

I glanced up at the sky and saw that it was starting to dawn.
“Look!” I stopped dancing and pointed up at the sky. Near the moon.
You looked up and laughed.
“What? I looked at them every night when you were gone.” I said clutching my hands together and gazing up at the two stars that shone brighter then the rest.
“It was like... a beacon of hope. That someday you’d come back. Even if it looked black.”
I said quietly.
I heard you sigh next to me.
“Your so innocent Zaydie!” You remarked. “You look at the good in every situation even if to me, it looks like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel. Your remarkable!”
I laughed.
“Remarkable?” I shook my head. “That’s not the word I’d use to describe myself.”
“That’s because you just look at your flaws. Your too humble to tell others the good in you.”
I smiled. That was true. My mom always taught me it was never right to gloat. So I don’t.
“I guess that’s why you caught my eye.”
I looked at you with shock on my face.
“Your as bright as that star. You radiate just like the sun. Bringing light with you where ever you go. Ha... even to someone as lost as me.”
You looked down at your feet. I clutched your hands.
“Well then I guess it’s a good thing we’re complete opposites eh? If we weren’t then you’d probably be dead by now.”
“You sure do know how to make a guy feel useless you know.”
I laughed.
“Let’s call it pay back.”
You shook your head.
“Your side tracking me!” You complained.
“Oh! I’m sorry!” I let go of your hands and clasped them behind my back. “Please continue.”
You seemed to be struggling with words.
“Just start at the beginning and go from there.” I encouraged.
You chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of your neck.
“Zaydie... do... do you really think I’m a good person?”
I nodded. “Of course. I think your a fantastic person. And I’m blessed that the Creator led you in my life!” I said enthusiastically. “Besides if I didn’t think you were a good person, do you really think I’d waist my time watching you die? or let you call me Kana? I mean if anyone else called me that I’d probably kill him.”
You laughed.
“yeah... I guess that’s a true statement. Do you really want me in your life? I mean think about it, so far I’ll I’ve done is hurt you in one way or another.”
I laughed.
“Yes you have. But if what the Creator says is true and we are meant to stick together. I’d go through it any day.”
I didn’t say anything about how I really felt about you being really special to me, or anything like that, because I wasn’t really sure how you’d handle it. Or me for that matter.
“See what I mean? You see the light in everything. That’s why... I... like you so much.”
I blushed and looked back up at the sky.
“I like you too Kylun. Ha. A lot.” It was easer to say it with out you starring at me. Oh dear.
“Well good. Because I have a very serious question to ask you.”
Uh-oh... What did that mean?
“Am I going to like this?”
You laughed.
“I hope so. It sure did cost a precious penny.” You dug around in your pockets for a moment, then produced two necklaces that looked identical.

They both had an oval shape, and looked like they were made of ribbons of silver. The ribbons came together in a swirl in the middle, that held a small amethyst. But it shined so brightly that it made the metal look purple!
They sure did look like they had cost a pretty penny. Good grief!
“Oh... “ I muttered. “Kylun why would...?”
He slipped one into my hand.
“Zaydie it’s been decided. I obviously can’t live with out you, I’d be dead for a while now.” Well there’s a lovely thought.
“So... I figure why not?”
“Why not what?” You were making no sense to me what so ever.
“Why not give it a shot?”
“That’s not exactly clearing stuff up for me, sorry.” I said with a laugh.
“Yeah I guess this isn’t going as well as I thought. Oh brother.... “ You rubbed the back of your neck again.
“This is what I mean.” He knelt down and took my cupped hands in his.
My jaw dropped.
“Zaydie... Your the best thing that’s ever happened to me. And I almost lost you once, I don’t want that to happen again. So I’m asking you to... to marry me.”

A thousand feelings raced through me. One right after another. At first I wondered if I had heard you right. But when I looked into your ice blue eyes, I knew this was coming from your heart.
I then smiled and knelt down in front of you.
A tear slid down my cheek as the butterflies started going crazy.
This was actually happening!
It wasn’t just some cover story this time!
“May I?” I asked.
You didn’t respond at first and panic started to wash over me. You repeated what I had just said soundlessly. Only your lips moved. You grinned as you figured out what I was asking.
“May you? I wouldn’t be here on my knees if I wouldn’t let you!” You wrapped your arm around me and squeezed tight.
After I felt like the air was being squeezed out of my chest you let go.
You opened my hands that clutched the necklace with your gloved hands gently.
You took the necklace out of them and slipped it over my head.
I smiled and took yours that you held to by the chain and did the same.
I ran my hand through your blond hair, and for once, you didn’t complain about my messing it up.
I chuckled.
“Quorra’s going to freak.” I said. You laughed.
“Yeah she is.”
You gazed at me for a moment as I whipped the tears away. You lifted my chin up and was about to kiss me when something unexpected happened.
“Well isn’t this quaint.”
We both spun around and looked to see who was talking.
“Looks like everything is going as The Fallen planned.”
Raquel came out of the shadows in her red outfit. She walked up in front of us and placed a hand on her hip.
“I’m not doing anything by The Fallen’s plan.” I retorted.
She let out a laugh that sound like a thousand silver bells.
“Yes you are dear. You just don’t see it yet. Oh! I love it when their so naive!”
She shouted with glee that made me sick.
“It just makes it so much more fun!!” She then seemed to get a hold of herself and turned to us. “But seriously darlings. You are doing exactly as The Fallen planned.”
I turned ice cold.
“I make my own story. Following no one’s plan but the Creator’s, and making my own path.” I stated coldly, standing up and turning to her.
I felt you come up beside me.
“Are you both really that stupid?” She asked with a grin. Oh you kids are just so hilarious! Your fate has been planned from the moment you were born. the rest of your life has been planned. Do you honestly think that you two would have just met up by chance in the Presidents mansion? Just the two of you that would need each other in order to survive?”
I was surprised by her questions. But I felt you place a reasuring hand on my shoulder.
“Like she said. We make our own story!” You said sternly.
Raquel sighed.
“Alright. I guess it’s up to me to put some sense into you two boneheads.” she said quietly.
I watched as she suddenly pulled out a large sword out of the folds of her dress and took a fighting stance.
I glanced up at you.
You gave a curt nod and Shiro appeared in your hand.
Friends are special. I said in my head.
Takara appeared in my hand in shield form.
“We do it together.” You said.
I nodded.
“From here on out.” I added.
You smiled and nodded.
“Yeah.”
Ha! So I guess it’s not just a cover story anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment