Sunday, December 4, 2011

No. 18


No. 18









                                         Good-bye Vecina, Hello Lothomer!








I healed my leg and it was slightly stiff afterwards, but other then that it was good.
I ran into the bathroom with my pack and changed back into my more comfortable outfit with the green shirt, black skirt, and white boots.

I walked out holding Yura and my saber - rod in my hands.
“Don’t you think we should return these? now that our cover’s blown and all.” I asked, lying them down on the kitchen counter.
“Yeah probably be best if we want to stay on Jinx’s good side.” Rix said. Everyone who had gotten guns from Jinx pilled them onto the counter.
I nodded.
“All accounted for?” I asked. Everyone nodded. “Alrighty then. On your way!” I waved my hand over the weapons. Using my Controlium Power to lift them up.
I shot them out the door, giggling as I did.
That sure was an odd picture. Weapons floating in mid air. I sped them up so they would just appear like a blur to people on the ground, or in the air.
I led them to Jinx’s layer and placed them on a table... I think. I then let them go and turned back to everyone who was starring at me.
“What?” I asked with a smile.
“That’s just weird.” Rix stated.
“’Weird’?! That’s freakin’ awesome!!” Kigo shouted. Getting really excited. “What else can you guys do?!”
“Lots of stuff. But how can you make fire?” I asked turning to him. He just gave me a smile.
“There’s a lot of different kinds of Marks, and a lot of different kinds of magic Skye.”
“It’s Zaydie.” I corrected.
He nodded.
“Ok! My turn I have been waiting all afternoon!!” Quorra piped up. I looked at you and you smiled, giving me a reassuring nod. “This has been torture! Now!” Now she turned into mom. Oh boy.
“What the heck were you two doing at midnight last night? Where were you?!”
“We were dancing.” I answered.
“Dancing?”
“And talking.”
“Dancing and talking.... I don’t believe you.”
You sighed and came up next to me.
“I proposed to her last night.” You said.

That stopped everyone cold in their tracks except Kigo and Savrin.
“You - what?” Quorra asked.
I nodded and smiled.
“That’s what this is.” I said, taking my pendent in my hand. “He has one just like it.”
You nodded.
“You what?! And you didn’t talk to me first?!” She demanded. Getting all ‘mommy - like’ on us.
“Um Quorra. Your not my dad. And dad isn’t here. So he could ask me with out your permission, and he did.” I said with a stern look.
“I never said anything about asking me for permission. I simply wanted to know before you did that way I had something to rub in your face.” She explained. Looking up at me innocently, all former anger gone.
I shook my head and chuckled.
I swung my arm over her shoulder and pulled her head down and gave her a knuckle sandwich.
“You noisy butt!” I said.
“Ow! Ow! Ow! Zaydie stop!” She cried with laughter.
I let go and pushed her away playfully.
She stumbled into Sav who caught her before she brought them both down.
“Watch it Quorra.” He muttered.
She shook her head and looked up at him with a smile.
“Yeah, yeah. You’re always there to catch me so life’s good.” He rolled his eyes and chuckled.
“Alright guys lets get going.” You said. Breaking up the party. (how dare you! just kidding!) “We have a lot of ground to make. I still can’t teleport you all, so we’ll have to go in groups of three.”
“Wait, you need to take Matrix back to Mecca.” I said. You gave me a curt nod.
“Ok, that’s fine, but I’ll go last. You take them first.” He said.
“Alright, Quorra -”
He was cut off by sudden gun shots.
Quorra and I screamed as everyone hit the deck.

The gun shots went on for a while till they finally stopped. We peaked over the counter and saw that everything in the apartment was ruined.
I could hear footsteps falling on broken glass. Lots of them.
“We know your in here. You can’t hid forever.”
Willa.

We were all quiet, till suddenly she was right behind us. Along with several other members.
They brought out their weapons and we brought out ours. They wasted no time in trying to kill us either.
Willa came on to me. Like I knew she would.
I brought Takara up, along with my blue body armor. I could hear battles going on all around me.
People yelling, groaning, even screaming.
I deflected Willa’s stars and then moved off to find Quorra lying on the ground with a gun shot in her upper leg.
“Kylun!” I shouted.
I slid on glass to get to my sister while ducking under blades that tried to cut my head off.
We met up at her and I looked at you and Savrin, who was keeping the pressure on the wound.
“Take them! Take them now! Get them somewhere safe. Kigo, Matrix and I will hold them off. Just do it quick.” I ordered, looking desperately into your eyes.
“No I’m not going to leave you here!”
“Kylun this is no time for arguing! Just do it! I can take care of myself.” I ordered again more sternly this time. I rose to my feet and looked out as Kigo and Matrix fought back to back.
“They won’t survive with out me. So just hurry up and do it!”
I guess I didn’t really give you a choice now did I?

I ran up into the heart of the battle and blocked swords and gun shots with Takara in shield form. I then quickly flipped her and kept my armor up. She turned into her sword form and I met one of the boys in battle.
There was a sudden sliding footsteps on glass, and I saw Lexi standing at my back.
“Is it true?” She asked. Blocking sword blows with nothing but her arms. I saw now that she was wearing armor. Her arms were covered and so where her hands.
She gave several punches and then ducked as I swung Takara over her head to slice a member’s chest.
“What?” I asked. Pulling up a small vortex that consumed more stars.
“Are you really a Chosen One?”
“Yup.” I said as I ducked and swept a members feet out from under him. I then bashed Takara’s butt into his head, knocking him unconscious.
“Good. Zaydie, I promise. You can count on me. I’ll be there when you need me.” She said stopping her fight and turning to me.
This was the one time I really got a better look at her.
She wore a black and white band around her head that had long tassels down her back. (Though most of it was covered by her short black hair)
She wore shorts with tough six - inch boots. Above them she wore a form of shin guards. Only they were made of silver metal.
She had on a tank top shirt that was black trimmed in white. It had a hood on the back I noticed. And then she wore a leather vest with it.
I smiled.
“Thanks Lexi. I welcome any help I can get.”
She smiled and nodded.
“Duck!”
I followed her orders and she did a round - house kick and knocked someone in the jaw hard, landing him on the ground so hard that the floor gave away slightly under his head.
“Good. Here. Call me if you ever need me. I’ll stay with The Fallen, so I’ll give you up dates.” She shouted. Tossing me a piece of cloth. I looked down and saw a number ripped in it. I tucked it in between my skirt and belt, then got back to fighting.

I saw that Matrix was taking down tons and tons of enemies, but I couldn’t tell with what.
Kigo was burning his. Such a lovely guy. Ugh. Though he did have these deadly round disks that he fought with that looked to be made of fire as well. But he still fought brutally.
Lexi and I fought together most of the time and we did pretty good. She always had my back which was nice.

I found Willa observing the battle for a moment. There wasn’t many of them left to fight. four or five actually.
You came back and grabbed the boys seeing as us girls were in the midst of a fight.
We were coming to the last few when Willa gave a shriek of a whistle.
“Fall back! We’ll catch them latter.” She ordered. I noticed that she was the first one out of there.
The few left standing followed her suit and ran out of the apartment building.
I turned to Lexi who was examining herself for any major injuries.
“Dang it.” She muttered.
“Let me see.”
She pointed to a deep cut on her upper leg.
“Do you want me -”
“Yeah if you can.”
I nodded and swept my hand over the cut. Yellow light washed over it and it looked good as new.
“There you go!” I said. Jumping up.
“You hurt?” she asked. I shook my head.
“Nope I’m just fine. But hey, be careful in there. She’ll suspect you.”
Lexi laughed.
“Don’t worry. I’m way to fast for her.” You appeared and looked surprised when you found all the enemies moaning on the ground. The apartment was smoldering in flames, and it looked like the owner would be doing some major renovations.
“Well just give me a call when ever you need me.” She shouted as she ran out the door.
“Ok bye!”
“Did you two do all this?” You asked. Coming up beside me and gesturing to the ring of fallen members.
I nodded.
“Yup! Just the two of us.” I answered.
“Whoa... I guess you can take care of yourself.”
I scoffed and slapped your arm. You chuckled and pulled me close. Then teleported us.
Away from the apartment.
And Vecina.

Next thing I knew I was on a busy street of a city I didn’t know. You took my hand and led the way down an alley.
There I found Kigo, Savrin and Quorra. She was bleeding and bad.
I ran over and found the gunshot wound.
I placed my hand on the open wound and it healed it’s self up.
She let out a sigh of relief and relaxed. And fell asleep actually.
I turned and let out a breath.
“Good job. Now how about we go scout this place for a place to bunk down for now.” You suggested. I nodded and took your hand when you offered it.





                                                   ++++




Lothomer is big, tall, and pointy.
Those are the three words that best describe it.
And I’m being dead serious!

All of the buildings are of various shapes and size along with colors. (Though their usually a dull color like gray, silver, black that kind of idea) But they all seemed to have a pointy end to the roofs.
Like the back of the roof would come up into a point that curled over the roof it’s self. And every roof had one!!
It kind of looked like pointy hats.
But yes that is what Lothomer looked like.
Also there were tons, and tons, and tons of bridges!
Like the whole city was built off the ground, and had bridges that made their roads and walk ways. I mean they had bridges over their bridges it was crazy!!
Cool, but crazy just the same.

We walked across one bridge that linked with another. Each bridge had floating letters above it so you knew where you were going by what sector you were in. Sector 2 was all food. Like markets and stuff. Sector 5 was shopping districts and so on and so on.

We finally found a hotel and booked a room. You then teleported back to get Kigo, Sav and Quorra.
The hotel room had two bedrooms, two baths, a complete kitchen. And a lounge room.
You boys carried Quorra into one of the bedrooms and she went to sleep.
Everyone else then collapsed in the living room.

“Alrighty... now what?” Kigo asked.
“... Good question.” I answered.
“I believe that’s where I come in.” We all turned to find Tasin sitting on the counter, swinging her legs back and forth like a little kid.
“You have already figured out who here is corrupted correct?” She asked.
We nodded.
“And you have figured out her status here in the government right?”
Again we nodded.
“Then you just have to take her out. And then quickly move on to Ulrikima.”
“Ok that’s the general plan Tasin. We need like... a plan on how to do that plan.” I said.
“Ah! Well see you didn’t say that!” She said with a smile.
“You didn’t ask.” I heard you mutter. I jabbed my elbow into your ribcage. “Ow!”
“Be nice.” I muttered.
I heard you take a deep breath and you nodded.
“Ok let’s see... Well the easiest thing to do is to storm in there and kill her.
“Um... that might not be the best thing to do.” I pointed out.
“No it’s not and i didn’t say it was. Here’s what you can do....”




                                                             ++++



It’s a good thing I’m not coming up with the battle plans or we’d be in big trouble!
I’ve always been a better fighter then planner.
I can’t say the same for Tasin and the boys though.
We soon had a plan to follow that involved a ball. So obviously I was in!
Haha!

I pulled up a map of Lothomer on my tablet.
“Well I have to go. I’ll be back.” I called as I moved towards the door.
“Where do you think your going?” You asked. Jumping up and leaning against the doorway. Blocking my way out.
“I am going shopping.” I stated.
“Shopping?! We’re talking about war. And you are thinking about shopping?”
I sighed. Ok, so we haven’t exactly known each other that long, so I’ll excuse it this time.
“Kylun. That’s what us girls do best. Shop. Now unless of course you don’t want eat then I guess I can give my hand at making battle plans.” I said with a sweet smile. “But just ask Sav. He knows how well that goes.”
“Yeah. Let her do her shopping thing. Hey can you make that chili tonight?” Sav piped up.
I took my tablet out and brought up a notebook page.
“Chili.... the one with the green beans and cheese?” I asked him.
“Yup. That’s the one.”
“Sure.”
I quickly wrote down the ingredients and slipped the tablet back in my pocket.
“I forgot that you haven’t had my home cooking yet.” I remarked, turning back to you.
You raised your eyebrows.
“It’s to die for! Especially those omelets she makes.” Sav cut in.
I chuckled.
You sighed and moved out of the way.
“Alright just call me up if you get lost. And be careful.” You warned.
I nodded and smiled.
“I will.”
I then had to stand on my tip toes in order to give you a light kiss, then I walked out the door and into the sunshine.
Now... on to the shopping!

“On second thought. I’m coming with you.” You announced, jogging to catch up.
I smiled up at you.
“Ok. That’s fine with me.”
“Yeah well it wasn’t really a question.” You said with a grin.
“Well then I guess it’s a good thing I don’t mind you coming along.” I sad as I looked at the map. Once I got the directions, I started off.
For the next hour or so, we walked around the market places as I gathered the ingredients for the chili.

“Make my wish
come true.
Let darkness
fade to light..... Hmhmmhm.”
“Do you still not remember the rest of it?” You asked.
“No. I’m actually shocked that I knew that part!” I remarked. I picked up a tomato and studied it. Then placed it and several others in a plastic bag.
“Thank you.” I said kindly as I gave the woman behind the stand some creds.
Then I moved on.
“Well let me know when you’ve remembered the whole song, ‘kay?”
“Why is it so important to you? I still don’t know where I know this song. It just seems to come to me at really random times. It’s bazaar really.”
I said as a bought several onions.
“Hmm... I’ll tell you once you remember. Sorry but i can’t please everyone.”
I sighed.
“Yeah... just like I can’t please Sav tonight. Can’t find any green peppers.... Hmm guess it’s just old fashion chili with cheese.” I muttered.
I wasn’t really upset that you wouldn’t tell me. By now I’m use to you and your secrets. at first it offended me. But now I know that you always have my best interest at heart.

“Oh my goodness! Who on the Creator’s precious planet, did your hair?!”
I turned around in surprise to see who was talking, and if he was even talking to me.
I found a man with his head poked out of a shop.
A salon shop. Oh my.
“Um... excuse me?” I asked, turning to him.
“Your hair! It’s been done horribly! I can tell that it’s not your natural hair color, am I right?”
“Um... no sir. I’m a natural burnet.”
“Ah I see. And a burnet you will be. Come with me. Leave your fiancé out here. Consider it my congratulations gift.”
“Uh...” He took my bags out of my hands and gave them over to you, then whisked me away inside. You chuckled.
“Have a good time!” You called after me.

Inside the salon, the man sat me down in a chair and started to look at my hair more closely.
“nutmeg brown was it?”
I nodded. “Well we can get it back there in no time!” He then dashed off and brought back a tool. It looked like a flat iron.
“Um what are you doing exactly?” I asked as he started to take my hair and run it through the tool.
“I am getting rid of the die someone put in your hair, so then it’ll turn back to your natural color and look much, much better. See.” He placed ten strands of hair that had just been through the tool, over my should so I could see them better in a mirror.
My jaw dropped. They were now my natural nutmeg brown color!
“And your doing this all for free? I thought it would cost a lot.” I asked.
He waved his hand as he continued to do my hair.
“Oh no dear. I do this for free to anyone. But your hair was just done so horribly that I had to do something!” He remarked. Well there goes Mama Bear’s work. Right down the drain.
Oh well It was kind of nice when he finished it, because now, at least I looked like me.
“There you go my dear. Now you had better get back to your fiancé so he doesn’t eat all the food you just bought.”
I jumped up and smiled at the man.
“Thank you so much Mr....?”
“That’s not important. Just be on your way child. I’m sure I’ll see you some time down the road. Bye bye now!”
I waved goodbye and walked out of the salon. I looked down at my hair and gave it a tug. Making sure it was actually mine.

Outside I found you eating a fruit. But thankfully it wasn’t one I had just bought.
“There you are I was wondering when you’d be done....” I guess the sudden change was so shocking because you dropped the fruit. I lunged forward and saved it just before it hit the ground.
“Better be careful, next time I might not be there to save your fruit and then where would you be?” I asked with a smile. Holding out the fruit.
You reached out and gave my hair a tug.
“Ouch. Yes it actually is my hair you dummy.” I said with a laugh.
I then walked off to the next market stall and bought some canned beans.
“Okey dokey that’s all I need, so lets head back shall we?” You nodded and we started our trek back to the hotel room.

Back at the room, I started to cook the chili up. And soon a really tasty smelling aroma came out of the pot.
“Oh someone’s making chili - Whoa! Zaydie what did you do?!”
I smiled as Quorra stumbled into the kitchen.
“Someone was nice enough to take all of the black die out of my hair.” I answered.
Quorra’s jaw dropped.
“Are you serious?!”
I nodded.
“Yup. Now come on you guys! While the chili’s still hot!” I called. Setting out the numbered bowls and spoons.
Stood by the pot as the boys came in, nicely letting Quorra go first.
Sav motioned for me to get mine.
I did quickly because I saw that they were getting hungry, and a little rambunctious.
Then I watched closely as all three of you boys scooped up your bowls and headed to the table.
Quorra had laid out napkins at each chair, though Sav had a nasty habit of not using his.
So as a solution for this, she sat next to him and slapped his hand every time he made a move to wipe them off on his pants.
He rolled his eyes at me. And I made a 'tisk tisk' sound with my tongue.
"Sav your going to have to work on your manners. It's rude to the hostess! And maybe next time you'll get bread and water." I warned with a grin as I placed my napkin on my lap.
"Yeah that'll be the day." He muttered as he scooped more food into his mouth.
Ok. Next time, he was going to get bread and water!


You helped me out with the dishes after we had finished eating. The other three sat around the table talking about random stuff, and I started humming a song.
"Sing it to me." You said as you dipped a dish into the soppy water.
I chuckled nervously. Oh boy.
"Come on please?" You begged. Looking at me with puppy eyes, whether you meant to or not I don't know.
I sighed.

"Remember me...
Don't forget me...

I swear to you I won't.
I swear to you I'll stay true.

Even if all the days
Go by,
Even if the stars
fall by.
I'll stay true.

I could be sleeping
A thousand years,
And never
Forget your face.
I could be far away,
but I would always
feel safe.

I will always be yours,
That will never
Change.
Nothing will ever change...
And if it must,
I won't.

So remember me...
Please don't forget me...
Because I can never...
Forget you."

Man I felt like such a hypocrite!
There I go making a promise to you saying 'I won't ever forget you' and then there I go forgetting!
You smiled at me.
"It's true. I never forgot you. And I never will." You chuckled. "Especially now." You gestured to my necklace.
I nodded, but I felt my face betraying me.
"You ok?"
I sniffed and took the stack of bowls I had been drying and put them away.
I took a towel and dried my hands of, then messed with it.
Savrin came up to you and said something quietly. You nodded and the three of them walked out of the hotel room.
Uh-oh.

"What's wrong Zaydie?" You asked, taking the towel out of my hands.
"Why do you ask if something's wrong?" I questioned. I was just wondering how you could read me so well.
"Because you get all moody and quiet. And there's not smile on your face." You answered. Wiping your hands off.
"Oh..." I pulled myself up onto the counter and folded my hands down in front of me.
"I guess... It's because I feel like traitor." I muttered. Keeping my eyes down cast as I twisted my skirt between my hands.
"A traitor?"
I nodded.
"How?"
"Well... Like the song, I feel like such a hypocrite."
You were quiet for a minute. But I didn't look up. I just kept fiddling with my skirt.
"Zaydie... You never really forgot me." You said gently. Placing your hands on top of mine. "If you think about it, I was still there. I wasn't completely gone."
"Yeah but do you know how hard it was to try and remember what you looked like before... you changed? I couldn't remember at all! I couldn't even remember your name! And I feel really bad about it."
"Don't. I don't take it to personally." You said with a chuckle. But that didn't make me feel any better.
You sighed and lifted me off the counter.
"Look. You said I was replaced with another guy that you hadn't seen before right?"
I nodded and still looked down at my feet.
"He looks exactly like me doesn't he?"
Again I nodded. I didn't need to look at you. I already had you hammered into my brain.
"Then you didn't forget me! The Creator showed you what I looked like when I changed. So you always knew what I looked like."
"But how could I -"
"Zaydie it doesn't matter." You lifted my chin up, making me meet your gaze.
"Look. I'm here now. I'm not leaving again. I promise. Not with out you. So stop moping."
"I don't mope!" I stated crossing my arms and stomping my foot a little. Though I couldn't do it with out a smile.
You laughed.
"I've heard that one before."
"But how can you be sure?"
A sad look crossed your face.
"I can't. You have to hang on to the Creator. He's the one thing that wont change. Hold on to him tighter then me... but don't let me go while your at it."
I chuckled.
"I won't. That's a promise." I said with a wink. "But that doesn't exactly make me feel any better."
You sighed.
"Zaydie you worry, way to much!!" You said with a laugh.
"What can I say? I'm just like that." I muttered. "I can't be somebody I'm not."
"I know. And that's just something we're going to have to work through together. 'Together' being the key word there."
I smiled and nodded.
"Alright alright. You win." I laughed. "We really have switched places. Oh boy."
You chuckled.
"Don't worry, It's only a matter of time before we switch back." You said.
I shook my head and walked over to the table to clear the napkins and glasses.
"Well now that that's settled." I said with a smile as I placed the glasses on the counter.
"Where did everyone go?"
You shrugged.
"I have no clue. But they said they'd call us before they came back."
"Oo-kay then. How do we plan on getting invites for this ball?" I asked walked back to the table and grabbing more stuff.
"Who said anything about invites?"
I laughed.
"Your bad."
"Yeah I know. But desperate times call for desperate measures." You stated with a grin as you wiped the table down.
"So I've noticed."
"Can you wear something pretty?"
I stopped in mid step and turned on my heel.
"If I had enough creds maybe. I get what I can. But I won't pick out something ugly if that's what you mean." I said with a slight smile.
"Well ok no I didn't mean it that way. I'm sure you could make pretty much anything look pretty." You said, stopping what you were doing and looking at me.
"Well thank you." I walked back into the kitchen and set the glasses down.
"Ok say I did have creds. What do you mean by pretty?"
You shrugged.
"What kind of style, color that sort of thing. Anything in particular?"
You bit your bottom lip.
"I don't know!" We both laughed. "I'm a guy, I can tell you hundreds of different kinds of weapons, but when it comes to clothes, I'm lost."
I nodded.
"Just something that's not dark. Ok?"
I smiled.
"That I can do. So when is this ball anyway?"
"Tomorrow night."
So much to do,
So little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment