Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No. 21


No. 20











                                   Who thought of giving her the name Angel?!?!






Adrenaline was coursing through my bloodstream as we searched for Willa's mom.
"Ok I'm here." Lexi said over the com.
"Whoa! That was fast." Quorra remarked with a shocked look.
"Yeah well, like I said before, no one can catch me. Now Angel is with the Governor, find the Gov you find her."
"Uh...." I glanced around at the large crowd of people.
"Got to be a little more specific then that Lexi. We don't even know what the Governor looks like!" Sav stated. The rest of us nodded in agreement as we looked around wildly.
"Oo-kay then! We obviously need to come up with a better battle strategy." Kigo stated. I scoffed.
"You think? we have all this training and we refuse to use it." I said mindlessly.
"Ok the Governor is located on the west side of the room." Kigo instructed. I nodded and headed off into the crowd. Side - stepping people while I made sure everyone was still keeping up.

"He should be easy to spot. He's the one with all the guards." Kigo remarked like we were dumb.
"Oh gee thanks." I stated sarcastically. I could hear you chuckle behind me.
"Yup, don't mention it sweetheart. -"
"Don't -" And you got cut off. Typical Kigo.
" - remember, if you need back up just holler." Kigo finished.
"yeah, no problem cub." I remarked.
"Cub?!" He called.
"Yeah... you still have a lot to learn kid." I explained with a sly smile.
I came to a sudden stop, which caused the dominos affect again.
"What? What is it?" Quorra asked from behind me. She leaned over to see around me.
"Hoaky stink." I muttered. I sensed everyone else nod behind me.

In front of us was the Governor who was smiling and greeting people. Right next to him was the most beautiful woman any of us had ever seen before!
Her perfectly curled blond hair was drawn up into a loose bun on the back of her head, she wore a pure white dress that was slightly revealing.
She had a beautiful smile on her face as she greeted people with grace.
Yet looking into her eyes. I saw that underneath all that make - up, was a murderous woman that could kill anyone in the blink of an eye.

I gracefully walked up to the Governor as he spotted me.
"Hello! You must be Zaydie." He exclaimed enthusiastically. I smiled and dipped into a curtsy as he took my hand and kissed it.
"You really were amazing! I heard the rumors, but I hardly ever believe rumors."
"He's a hard nut to crack."
I smiled as Angel cut in.
"But I finally had him track you down so he could hear you for himself. Thank you for accepting the invitation, and love the dress! It's so...." She seemed to struggle for the right words. I cocked an eyebrow.
"....Cute."
I forced a smile.
"Well thank you Mrs. Angel -"
"It's miss actually." She said as she leaned against the Governor. Who wrapped his arm around her hips.
Right.... somehow I think she's a little more then a right hand woman.
"Well thank you for inviting me." I finished with another forced smile. Then I deliberately turned my back and walked off.

"Ok we're in serious trouble. She's cocky, and in a relationship." I reported in a low voice.
"With who?" Sav asked.
"The Governor."
Everybody's eyebrows rose.
"What kind of...." Quorra saw my look. "Oh.... ok then!"
"Guys." I said into the com. "We're going to need that back up."





                                                      ++++




We had figured out how to get Angel alone. In the bathroom,.. so it was up to us girls. The boys would be outside and they would come in if needed, but Lexi Quorra and I would see what we could do first.

"Ok, go Quorra." I ordered via com.
I watched through the crowd as my sister acted a little delirious.
She started to look over her shoulder as Sav followed, they started to shout back and forth as they moved through the crowd.
He said something and Quorra started to laugh. Only she wasn't looking where she was going.
She rammed into an elder lady, who stumbled forward and spilled her red wine all over Angel's white dress.
Angel got furious and started to yell at the poor woman. She then marched off into the bathroom.

"Alright, let's go." I said. Quorra nodded and Lexi said she was on her way.
I headed to the bathroom with the boys following me, but farther back.
Quorra met me outside the bathroom and we stepped in.

Angel was trying to get the red wine stain out of her dress, though the attempt was in vain. Everyone knows you can't get red wine out of anything!
I took a deep breath and walked up to a sink and splashed my face.
"What happened?" I asked, as I dried my face with a towel.
"Some blind woman spilt her wine on me." Angel muttered. I suddenly noticed her look up at me through the mirror. "you couldn't get it out could you?" She asked, with a look in her eye that I didn't like. I glanced at Quorra who was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest. She gave me a slight signal with her fingers that told me she had my back.
"You should know that you can't get wine out of a white dress." I said with a casual smile.
Angel gave me an evil grin, that her daughter gave me before her.
"You know exactly what I meant." She stated. I sensed her hand reach into the folds of her dress. I struck out with my left fist for her stomach, then I punched up with my right one to her chin. She was knocked backwards, but she landed with grace and pulled out several stars and threw them at me. I spun on my toes and ducked to miss a few, I lifted Takara up to deflect the others. I then sent a wave of wind at her, which knocked her into a stall.
Quorra jumped over to my left and Lexi was suddenly at my right. Quorra had her guns in her hands, and Lexi had several throwing knives in hers.
"Where'd you come from?" I asked Lexi, as I flipped Takara into her sword from.
"Like I said, no one can catch me. Not even a glimpse." She said with an sly grin. I laughed.
"Alright then!" I gripped the top of my skirt and tore it off.
Really, the long skirt was a wrap. It covered the real skirt which was much shorter, so I had more movement.
"Wow. You have tons of tricks up your sleeve girl." Lexi commented. I chuckled.
"Let's get this over with." I said as I drew Takara behind me in my starting stance.
"You got it!" Lexi cried as she readied her knives.
"She's going down!" Quorra exclaimed, cocking her pistols and taking aim at the stall Angel had disappeared in.
There was silence for a moment, then a low rumble.
There was a mass explosion and all four stalls were tossed off their hinges and posts, and came flying at us.
I gripped my sword harder and moved in front of Lexi and my sister. I slashed it horizontally, sending a wall of wind at the deadly flying pieces. They fell to the ground and we looked up quickly at what had just happened.
Angel was there with her stars flying through her fingers in a deadly dance. She ran towards us, throwing her stars at us.
I used my Controlium and turned the stars in the opposite direction.
She realized what was happening a moment to late. One grazed her arm just as she spun out of the way, but she caught the rest in her hands.
Lexi spun around and threw her knives as I deflected another wave of stars.
Angel can be described in one word during a battle.
A ninja. No that's to nice. She's more like a monkey.

She jumped out of the way of Lexi's knives, as she stepped up onto one of the fallen poles of the stalls, she then jumped up against the wall of a corner then to the other side of the corner, she ran against the wall and flipped over all three of our heads and landed on Quorra's side. She threw more stars at Quorra, who spun around and pointed her guns at Angel. She squeezed the triggers and bullets shredded through Angel's side.
Not like that stopped her.
She jumped onto the counter and did a back flip over out heads (again) and her feet landed against the opposite wall.
She pushed against it and came at me head on with more stars dancing.
I waited till the last second before I jumped out of the way, and over her flying body, only in the opposite way she was headed. I positioned my feet over my head and lunged my sword downward.
She twisted her body around and suddenly I felt a massive pain rip though my shoulder and down my right arm. I was so shocked by the sudden blow that Takara fell out of my hand and I was slammed into the wall.
I cried out and gripped my new wound. I looked up and struggled to see my sister and Lexi fight with Angel as black blotches crossed through my vision.

Angel was caught between the two girls, ducking and spinning out of the way of Quorra's bullets and Lexi's knives. But the girls were always right there with her. I saw one of Lexi's knives pierce Angel's stomach, while Quorra bashed her upside the head with the butt of her pistols.
Angel was enraged and she suddenly drew upon a force, that knocked the two girls backwards. They were both rammed into walls and their heads slumped forward with an awful sounding crack that sent a shiver down my back.
I struggled to grasp my sword, but I gathered up my strength and lunged forward.
"Kylun!! Savrin!" I screamed as I dove for Angel.
We met in combat as I tried to get through her defenses with my wounded arm.
I gripped Takara with two hands in order to keep her steady, I heard a whoosh and sensed three more people in the room.
You, Kigo, and Savrin.
Finally!

Angel's eyes turned big as she was suddenly up against four people instead of just one.
Kigo's disks of fire were suddenly in his hands, Ryota's blue blade spun through the air as it came down on Angel. Shiro appeared in your hands as you dealt out spells of water.
I backed off long enough to lean against the wall and gather up energy to heal my wound.
I let out a sigh as the wound healed it's self and the pain went away.
I didn't waist any time diving back into battle with this crazed monkey lady.

Angel was now jumping from one wall to another hoping to escape us.
An idea started to form in my head as all we were able to do was deflect more stars as she moved rapidly from one wall to another.
"Sav! I have an idea." I yelled coming up next to him. He looked at me and nodded.
"Kigo! Kylun! Cover us!"
You both nodded, and I held out my hand to Savrin. He took it with out hesitating.
I opened up my heart to him, and he did to me.
For a moment we seemed to move as one person. I could see the battle through his eyes. And he could see it through mine. We were also open to each other's Powers. And he caught on to what I was thinking. He used his Power to know what would happen next, so I was able to tell where Angel was going to land next.
It was like it was happening in slow motion. I saw her flip from the mirror above the sinks, to the wall opposite of them. And just before her feet touched the wall, I used Controlium and made just that one section turn to back to cement, and her feet were stuck in it.
"Go!" I yelled, closing my heart back off, and letting go of Savrin's hand.
You and Kigo noticed what was going on and immediately ran up to her, trying to cut her where ever possible. But even in that state she still had a good defense.
I found my breathing shallow, and Takara felt heavy in my hand.
"Zaydie!" I looked up as I leaned on my knees. "Can you?"
You didn't form a complete sentence but I knew what you meant.
I ran over and grasped your hand.
"I'm running out of energy and stamina. So if I faint it's all your fault." I informed. You gave a curt nod and I reached out for Angel's stars. I took them from her hands, and Kigo went through with the death blow.
I let go of the cement, and Angel's dead body fell to the floor. Her stars dropped around her as I let them go as well.
I fell into you as my head started to get dizzy, and I couldn't support my weight anymore.
After a moment I remembered Lexi and Quorra.
I jumped up and scrambled over to my sister. I checked for a pulse and saw that it was faint. I placed my hand on her shoulder and healed what ever I could find both externally, and internally. She gasped and coughed out blood. But was fine. I did the same to Lexi.
Soon both girls were back up on their feet with their weapons in hand.
I leaned against the wall and tried to get air back into my lungs.
You knelt down beside me.
"Boy that sure does wipe a number out of you." I muttered as my breathing came shallow again. I forced my heart beat to slow down and tried to get a full breath.
"I know. Try to keep it going with a sword in your body. You got it easy." You muttered, as you moved my bangs out of my eyes and kissed my forehead.
A sudden memory relapse washed through me, and I saw Valadamir pierce your body with his sword again.
But that's when you lifted me up and I was drawn out of my memories.
"I can walk." I stated. You scoffed and readjusted your grip on me.
"Yeah right. You can barely keep your head up."
You fell quiet, we all did.
I suddenly heard guards outside, and they busted down the door and came in with guns pointed at us.
We all got wide eyed and froze.
The soldiers noticed the destroyed bathroom, and then Angel lying dead on the floor.
One yelled 'fire'.
You pulled up a shield around everyone and they all ran over to you.
"Ok Sav, do you think you can led me some power so I can get you all out of this mess?" You asked. Savrin nodded and I wiggled my way out of your arms and jumped back down to the ground.
I still couldn't stand by myself so I wrapped my arm around your waist for support.
Everyone linked hands together and I could feel you and Savrin share energy.
We were suddenly teleported from the bathroom in the Governor's house, to our hotel room.
When we realized that, we all let out a sigh of relief.
"It's not over yet kids."
We all stiffened.

No comments:

Post a Comment